A "smoke test" is a quick test to show that software is basically working.
It does not attempt to test everything, nor does it test anything in depth.
I just tests a couple of the most important features, quickly.
If you would like to smoke test this release of GMHT, do the following
- Go through the README.txt file, and check that the files it describes
xist where it describes them. Also, run all the commands described there.
- Go to the .../bin and erase the GenOne.class file, and then recreate it
with a command like "javac -g GenOne.java", and the rerun the "java GenOne
gurpsEye" command, and make sure it works. Then do the same with the
gurpsEye.class file (erase, recreate, and reuse it).
If you still have more time:
- Go into the .../tutorial/sword directory and run the programs there,
then erase the *.class files, recreate them, and run the programs again.
This is all explained in a swords.txt file in that directory.
- Repeat the above step for the .../examples/stalls directory.
- Repeat the above step for the .../examples/horses directory.
- Repeat the above step for the .../apps directory, except that the
instructions for this directory are in a file called apps.htm.
If you run this smoke test on an untested configuration, then please
send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell me what configuration
you used. A list of test configurations is in README.txt under "installation".